A selection of recent and related papers either written for conferences or published in literary and arts journals and newspapers appear here, under assorted headings.
How Muriel Spark Came Home to Scotland – By Kirsty Gunn, for the New Yorker
From Dante to I Love Dick: top 10 books about unrequited love – By Kirsty Gunn, for the Guardian.
- On Form – For The Future of the Novel, International Writers Conference, Edinburgh International Book Festival, 2012 (film and blog and Book ref)
- On Style and Content – For The Futire of the Novel, International Writers Conference, Melbourne Literary Festival, 2014 (film)
- Introduction to “Reality and Dreams”, by Muriel Spark, Polygon, 2018
- Katherine Mansfield for London review of Books, 2013
- The power of a sentence – for Virginia Woolf Interational Conference, Glasgow, June 2012
- Katherine Mansfield as influence – for Katherine Mansfield International Conference, Birkbeck, 2008
- Domesticity in Literature – Lyon
- Jane Anne Phillips for London Review of Books
A range of general interest pieces are published in a range of magazines and newspapers, some examples follow here:
Controlling agenda threatens Scotland’s culture, The Scotsman
Is this the Country we Love?, The Scotman
How the Laundry Basket Squeaked, London Review of Books
Veering Wildly, London Review of Books